And There Were Angels Among Them; Spiritual Visitations in Early Church History
ISBN: 0-882-90695-x Category: LDS Non-Fiction Size ; 5.5 x8.5" 176 pages Paperback
Retail Price: $13.99
And There Were Angels Among Them is a collection of touching accounts of angels who came to earth during the early years of the Church.
From Adam and Eve’s time down to our own day and age, Heavenly Father has continually sent angels to earth. They come to comfort and strengthen, to increase our faith, and to bring important messages from heaven. Visits from angels are powerful evidence that God loves us, is aware of what is going on in our lives, and desires to help us.
There are many ways angels make themselves known—the most common being when mortals ‘feel’ their presence. Because those kinds of experiences could fill many libraries, this book focuses on those incidents when a person either saw or heard an angel. Each experience has been carefully researched and documented from old journals, diaries, manuscripts, memoirs, magazines, and newspapers.
And There Were Angels Among Them adds a warm, spiritual dimension to Church History and is a must-read for teachers, history lovers and those who want to learn more about how angels have touched the lives of people.
Chapter of Contents
- A Word About Angels—explains the general nature of angels; their duties, and why they come to earth.
- Angels Bolstering Faith
- Angels Comforting during Trials
- Angels Healing the Sick
- Angels Consoling When A Loved One Dies
- Angels Giving Guidance and Instruction
- Angels Were Among them (misc. experiences)
- Angels Helping People Leave Mortality
- Angels Protecting from Harm
- Angels at Temple Dedications
- Angels Assisting in Temple Work